How to Prepare for your session
1. Intentions matter. A lot. What is your intention for having a session? It might be helpful to get out pen and paper for this one. There are a lot of reasons one might seek a session and understanding exactly why you are booking a session is helpful to you and to your practitioner as well. Some common reasons people have sessions are as follows.
- Health- To learn or understand the energetic root cause of specific health challenges and to endeavor to resolve them.
- Relationships- To understand life long patterns with multiple people or dynamics of specific individual relationships to encourage more peace and harmony
- Life Path- Usually related to work and employment, many people simply have the job they do to meet other’s expectations, pay bills and are often exhausted and miserable or bored. There may be other options for you out there!
- Spiritual Origins and Goals- What is your galactic history, what is your star ancestry, what other incarnations have you experienced and how are they affecting the spiritual path you are on now? Do you have aspects of yourself you can integrate to assist in your current life?
2. Connection to the higher aspect of your being. Begin to say to yourself, both out loud and inside your own mind, “I have clear and direct communication with my Higher Self. (Or Divine Aspect, Soul Self or whatever term resonates with you.) Understanding that this expanded presence is within you and not external to you, will allow the communication to flow more freely in your session.
3. Drink water. Surprised? Don’t be. Water equals consciousness! You can think of your body as a type of battery that if well maintained can facilitate a strong connection to and communication with other realms. Hydrate. Start now and drink water before and also during your session. Do not worry a bit about needing to use the restroom. FLOW is a good thing! Drink in your intentions, release all that does not serve you. You can begin with your very next glass of water.
4. Prepare a list of direct questions/concerns to ask during your session. A common number of issues/questions is usually around 7-10. Usually, if someone brings dozens of questions in, they tend to be the same questions that are simply asked in different ways. Get that pen and paper out and start by writing down as many questions as you have and then look to see how they relate to each other and how you can condense them. It is often more satisfying to get very complete answers to fewer questions than quick or short answers to many questions. Also expect your questions to change. They often do after you make your first list. Some of the answers can even come to you before your session! Yup. This is the way it works!
5. Expectations. Leave them at the door. I can tell clients all day long not to expect any specifics about their sessions, but almost no one is able to do this completely. Still it is helpful to leave as many expectations at the door as possible. Every session is as unique as the individual who has one. You can read books or watch videos all day long but your session will unfold in your own consciousness in your own way and will more beautifully do so if you don’t expect certain things to happen or not happen.
One very important aspect to keep in mind is that almost everyone brings all or a part of their everyday conscious mind along for the experience. Having a Quantum Healing session is not like having anesthesia. You will likely be aware of your experience as it is happening and likely to remember much if not all of it when it is over.
Another important concept to remember and I already reference it above in number 2 of this list, but it is so important I will mention it again. It is this: Truly - all answers are within. Your answers will come from within. Your Higher Self, your Divine Aspect, your Soul Self is within you. Or more accurately you, your conscious mind exist within that Higher Aspect. So your Higher Self, is not at all, separate from you. This is a wonderful and empowering idea but one that is difficult to grasp for many, especially since most of us have been programed, since birth, to look for guidance and answers from others!
6. Are you a coffee or tea drinker? Don’t have too many caffeine drinks before your session, but don’t go “cold turkey.” You want to be relaxed, but you do not want to be nursing a caffeine withdrawal headache.
7. Eat a light snack or light meal prior to your session and please don’t start our time together being hungry.
8. Dress very comfortably with loose clothing, minimum amounts of jewelry and go easy on the mascara. Tears are very common, they are “release mechanisms” and are most welcome.
9. Practice quieting or stilling your mind as best as possible with meditation or perhaps even quiet time out in nature - where you are not looking at your phone or focusing on work or other obligations. And, practice daydreaming and learning how information uniquely comes to you. Sometimes that is by seeing images, sometimes that is by imagining images sometimes it can be just like a movie playing behind your eyelids but this is the exception. Some people hear information in words or voices. Some just know phrases or get packets of information auditorily. Some people just get a strong sense of knowing. Some people feel information emotionally or in their physical body. A rare few smell or taste their answers, but that is a perfectly valid way to receive information as well. Information can come in any of these ways! You will be ahead of the game if you practice this before your appointment.